We use ArtResin Brand Epoxy for our Projects
Once ArtResin is cured, it is fully inert and can be safely used as a food contact surface.
ArtResin has been vigorously tested by a third party for leaching and migration across worldwide standards and passed every test: when used as directed, cured ArtResin will not leach any substances into food that comes into contact with it.
You can check out ArtResin's SDS for further details.
What Makes ArtResin Safe To Use?
ArtResin has been evaluated by a certified toxicologist at the American Society for Testing and Materials as being non-toxic when used as directed (conforms to ASTM D4236). It is formulated using the highest quality materials and therefore produces no VOCs or fumes. It is a clean system, meaning there are no solvents or non-reactive diluents—everything in it reacts so nothing is free to become airborne and cause health issues. It is also non-flammable in its liquid form. For all these reasons, it is therefore classified as a non-hazardous material and is shippable by air. Furthermore, many curatives have a powerful odor, however ArtResin has only a low odor and is applicator friendly.
ArtResin Epoxy Resin is Non-Toxic (when used as directed) and Safe for Home Use!